10/30/2014

|| October Wrap-up & November TBR

October is pretty much over, and it's time to tally up the score, and see what I've read in this month. Apparently I read a lot more than I think I do. This month I’ve crammed down 10 books, which is way more than I thought I would read. I started teaching this month, and it has been taking up so much of my time, so reading has been put on the back burner, and been bumped down to a lower priority. But apparently I managed to get some reading done anyway. This month has been one where I started the magnificent books about Percy Jackson. It has also been the month where I read a book that has flown right to the top of my favorite books.

All in all I think this has been good reading month with some great books. There weren’t any books this month that I really disliked, but there were some that I absolutely loved.

I’m teaching all through November, and writing a shit-ton of assignments, and therefore I wont make a super ambitious TBR for the month. There are a couple of book, which I’m dying to get to, so I’m hoping I’ll at least get some reading in. I’ve picked out 5 books, that I need to read in the month of November, and if I get to all of these, I always have some back up books to read.


Almost Like Being in Love by Steve Kluger
A recent buy for me, but a book I’ve wanted to read for a long time. It sounds really interesting, and I’ve been on a contemporary kick lately.

Let’s Get Lost By Adi Alsaid
This has been on my TBR ever since I heard about it earlier this year. I’ve heard mixed things about this book, but the premise sounds really interesting, so it’s definitely something I’m excited to be picking up.

A book that I had been hoping to get to in October, but just didn’t have time for.  It’s a book that I bought earlier this year, and it’s just been sitting on my shelf ever since. It probably is more of an October/Halloween read, but hey, November can be scary too. Right?

Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Holy hell, has this been on my TBR shelf for a long time. I’ve picked this book up in the book store so many times, but I’ve never ended up buying it. Then, in October, there was a sale on the site where I usually buy my eBooks, and it was there for pretty cheap. So I jumped on the chance and I finally have the book.


This book.. This book I’ve picked up before, but only got about half way into before I put it down. Not because it was bad, I actually quite enjoyed the book. I just wasn’t in the mood for it at the time. However, I think November might be the time to pick this one back up again.

What did you guys read in October? What are you planning on reading in November?


No comments:

Post a Comment