12/30/2014

Top Ten Tuesday || Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week we are talking about our goals and resolutions for 2015. They can be bookish, blogging, or just some regular old resolutions/goals. I'm going to share both some bookish and some blogging goals and resolutions. 

1. My first goal is actually my GoodReads challenge goal-thing. That goal is to read 46 books. This year my goal was 25, and I passed that by a bit - I actually ended up reading 64 books. I'm still setting  my goal under 50 books, because I think that number is a little bit scary, and therefore I'm taking the number down a bit.

2. My second goal/resolution is a pretty common one among book people. That is to buy less books. Now I don't actually spend a lot of money on physical books, which is good. However, since getting my eReader in August, I've been throwing money around - money I don't really have. So I want to buy a little more, and try to limit my book buying to new releases I absolutely "need".

3. The third resolution is to get more organized blog wise. I started this blog in October, which was a very busy month for me, and I haven't really taken the time do do all that much about this blog. And I really want to. I don't necessarily want to plan posts down to a T, but I do want to just have an overview over what the heck I'm doing.

4. This goal is kind of a follow up to number 3, and that is to post more reviews. In the time I've had this blog I've posted 3 reviews. That's not really a lot. And it's not that I don't want to, I just don't get very far in the process. I write down notes and all my thoughts. But getting from that, to a full legible post is a lost art for me.

5. The fifth goal is to participate and complete challenges other than my goodreads challenge. I've made a post about the challenges I've signed up for, and you can check that out here.

6. The sixth is to be more social in the community. I'm shy, and that shyness extends to the internet. So 2015 is going to be the year where I comment more on blogs, and interact with more bookish people on twitter or goodreads. 

7. This resolution might sound a little odd, but it's an important one (in my eyes). I want to keep track of new releases. I rarely know when books come out, I miss the release, and don't realize it until months after. I just want to at least keep a track on when my anticipated books come out. I don't need to buy the releases, but just know that they are now available. 

8. Here is a goal that I need to complete. I want to read the Harry Potter series. Yeah, I have not read father than book 2, and that needs to change. I don't own them, so they have to be borrowed from friends or checked out at the library, but I will read them. 

9. The last (yeah, I don't actually have ten resolutions.) is a couple of random challenges. I've been jotting down random little challenges that I think would be fun to try from time to time. I've settled on ten challenges, and I'll pick one out at random when I fell like I need a guideline to which book I should read. The challenges are:

·      Read a book with over 500 pages
·      Read a book that became a movie – and watch the movie
·      Read a book that came out in my birth year
·      Read a book that someone else picks out
·      Read a book I was supposed to read in school, but didn’t (whoops)
·      Read a collection of short stories
·      Read a book that‘s won an award
·      Read a book by an author I haven’t read before.
·      Read a Classic
·      Re-Read one of my 2014 favorites

(after I'd been jotting these down for some time, I saw Katytastic's video about her TBR Jar challenge.
I saw that video after setting these, and I just wanted to disclaim that I'm in no way trying to snatch the idea, and claim it as my own.
The challenges are a mix of my own, and some found all over the internet.  Just an fyi)

So these are my resolutions and goals for 2015. What are some of yours?

2 comments:

  1. Hiiii! I discovered your blog when I was trying to see who else was participating in Cayce's LGBT Challenge next year! Your blog seems really cool and I love your blog name as well! Tea Time and Paperbacks, two of my favourite things. :D

    I've started keeping track of new releases by using a calendar just for this... I went through some Goodreads lists (most notably the YA Debuts 2015 and the YA LGBTQ 2015 list and I made note of all the ones that looked interesting to me and I just added their release dates to the calendar.

    YAY, YOU'RE DISCOVERING THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS FOR THE FIRST TIME. Well, the five books that you haven't read. Ahhhh, they make me so nostalgic. I hope you enjoy them!

    I definitely need to buy fewer books too...

    Check out my TTT here!

    Cynthia @ Afterwritten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Thank you so much!

      I've been looking at those lists too, such a help. I have a section at the back of my planner, to write release dates. Hopefully I can keep up with all of them..

      YES! I'M SO EXCITED! I've been meaning to read the books for so long, but I've never really gotten around to it. I'm sure I'll enjoy them. :D

      - Lisa!

      Delete