1/06/2015

Tag || Sisterhood of the World Bloggers


The lovely Cynthia over at Afterwritten tagged me in the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Thank you very much!
(I'm aware that I'm technically supposed to tag more people. However, I'm not sure who's done this and who hasn't, and I don't feel all comfortable in the book blogging community yet to just sling out tags)

1. What is one book/series that you really wish were a movie, and who should play the main character?
I would absolutely love for Crane by Stacey Rourke to be turned into a movie. I'm completely in love with that book, and I think it would be awesome as a movie. As for who should be the main character, that's a little more tough. I'm not sure really, Ksenia Solo maybe - Just with cherry cola red hair of course. It's been a little while since I've read the book, so I can't see the main character as clearly as I could when I read it.

2. A moment from 2014 etched forever on your mind, go!
This is going to sound really strange, but bear with me. I went to Berlin back in July with my best friend, and we went to the zoo. There was a dude there, he worked there, not just some random dude, and he was giving the water buffaloes, at least I think they were water buffaloes, back massages. It was pretty cool! We just stood there looking at the dude, and I really wanted to jump over the fence and do the same. (If they aren’t water buffaloes, please do inform me of the correct species – that would be greatly appreciated)



3. Do you cook? What do you like to cook?
I don’t really cook, as much as I bake. I really like to cook, but my skills are incredibly limited, so I don’t do it that often. If I do cook, it usually involves chicken and noodles, and throwing that in a stir-fry of some sort.

4. Describe your ideal date with your current book boyfriend/girlfriend (appropriate to the book setting, of course).
I would love to go on a date with Calypso from Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth. Considering she can’t leave her island, I would love to just walk around the island, and talk, maybe have a picnic somewhere in her gardens.  

5. Which book character is your best friend most like?
I’m not really sure who she would be exactly. However, I would say that her and I could be a little bit like younger versions of Beth and Jennifer from Attachments (she would be Jennifer and I would be Beth.
I don’t really know who else I could relate her to– maybe Kelsey from Losing it – just a little more mellow.

6. Favourite item of clothing that you own?
At the moment, I really love this new jacket I got at Christmas. It’s soft and it keeps me relatively warm – at least when it’s a bit chilly inside.
(this one)

7. What’s the first book you have a clear memory of reading by yourself?
I don’t really know. I remember reading Stephen King back in fourth grade, and I’m sure I read something before, but that’s the one I remember most. So 'Cycle of the Werewolf' by Stephen King is the first I remember reading all by myself.


8. In 2025, you hop onto a time machine and go back to 2015 to visit yourself. What one question would your current, 2015-self ask your 2025-self?
“Is the school system still the same? Are we still on that damn reform?”  Pretty much anything that can shed a light on how my work life in the future may have been affected.


9. Proudest achievement of your life so far?
Graduating High School – or the Danish equivalent to high school. (at least I think that would be the equivalent). At the end of my last year, I just felt done. My anxiety was on it’s highest back then, and I wasn't in school all that much. At one point I was ready to just quit all together, even though there weren't many months left. So in the end, graduating seemed like a monumental achievement.


10. If you could eat books, which book do you think would be the most delicious and what would it taste like?
Would the obvious choice be a cook book? I feel like it would be the most delicious for obvious reasons. However, I think I'm gonna go with Anna and the French Kiss. The reason being that it makes me feel all warm and gooey on the inside, and that's my reasoning for it tasting like hot fudge brownies. (actually I've been craving hot fudge brownies all day, so that may have something to do with it!)

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I loved reading your answers!

    That moment from the zoo sounds so great! I went to Berlin as well this year (in October) but I didn't go to the zoo. I only spent three days in Berlin and it was a completely whirlwind, there was so much stuff to see!

    Oooh, you bake! I cook a lot but I absolutely cannot bake. Baking is too messy for me, haha. But I love having friends who bake so I can just eat nice brownies and cakes without having to put in any effort myself. :P I cook a lot of stir-fries as well but I'm Chinese so cooking stir-fries are basically in our nature.

    I LOVE THAT JACKET. I've been wanting a similar jacket for a while now!!

    I've never read any Stephen King, but I have another friend who read lots of Stephen King when he was really young and I was just like WEREN'T YOU TERRIFIED?? Idk I don't know how scary Stephen King books actually are but I am really, really bad at horror. I can't do it. I just get so scared so easily. Like, I read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets at age 8 and I found it SO SCARY lol.

    I still haven't read Anna and the French Kiss! I bought a copy ages ago (well, more accurately I got it when it was free on iBooks, haha) but I still haven't got round to it. I definitely should, because GOOEY BROWNIES. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty much the opposite - when it comes to baking and cooking. The baking comes pretty natural to me, but 'actual' food I just burn or undercook! So I tend to stick to cake and cookies.

      The jacket is a amazing! I wear it all the time.

      The Stephen King thing is weird though. As a child, I wasn't really scared of anything, but getting older has changed that for me. I don't think I could read (and watch) half of what I did when I was younger, now. I'm not sure how I did it - I even re-read it two times, after the initial read. I was a strange kid!

      Delete