1/12/2016

Top Ten Tuesday | 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To, But Didn't


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week I'm letting you all know about the 2015 releases, that I wanted to read, but never got around to. 


Now, there are a lot more than these, but we could be here all day, if I were to talk about all of them. Some of these I own already, which is a step in the right direction, and some I have yet to get. But all of these are books that I hope to get to sometime in 2016.

1. Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler
I've heard nothing but amazing things about this one, and I really want to read it. It sounds very interesting, and it's definitely on the top of my to-buy list, and of course my want to read list.

2. Steam by Stacey Rourke
It's crazy that I haven't actually read this one yet. It's the last in The Legends Saga (that I know of), and the first two books in that series were amazing. I think the only reason I haven't actually read this one yet, is that it's a kindle book, and I hate reading on my phone. But I will get to it this year! I have to!

3. The Porcupine of Truth by Bill Konigsberg
I read Openly Straight by the same author last year, and I really enjoyed it, so I wanted to check out some of his other work. Sadly I didn't get around to reading it, but hopefully 2016 will be the year for that.

4. Read Me Like A Book by Liz Kessler
I kind of bought this on a whim last year, and I haven't actually heard that much about it. But it does have an interesting premise, and I do want to read it sometime this year. I mean, it's about a girl figuring out her feelings for others of the same gender, so I'm very interested in this.

5. The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson
This is a book I've heard a lot of great things about. I know that my cousin loved this book, and she has been telling me to read it ever since she finished it. I have it on my shelves, so it's just a matter of picking it up.

6. Black Iris by Leah Raeder
Actually all of Raeder's book are on my want to read list, and I kinda want to add Cam Girl to this point as well. I've heard amazing things about the book, and I need to get my hands on this somehow. Soon, I hope.

7. More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
So many people have raved about this book, and I've seen it on a lot of people's favorites lists last year. It's a book that's sitting on my shelf for a while now, and I just have to pick it up. In a couple of months maybe.

8. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga
This, I've heard some mixed things about, but I still very much want to read it. I think it's going to be an interesting read, and I'm curious to see how it will all unfold.

9. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra
This is said to be a mix between Pretty Little Liars, and Black Swan. Now honestly, I'm not that big of a fan of PLL, and I have never actually seen Black Swan - however, it still sounds very interesting to me, and I'm excited to get to this sometime in the near future. Also, the sequel comes out this year (hopefully), so I kinda want to get in on this before that.

10. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
There has been so much hype about this book, and it's was also on my most anticipated releases of 2015. So why haven't I read it yet? Well, a reading-slump starting around August put a stopper on that. But I'm out of that slump, and I want to read this one very soon.

These are some of the books I didn't get to in 2015. Are there any of these you can recommend? Which 2015 releases did you want to get to, but haven't yet?

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful list of books you still need to get to. I have read a few of these myself - Black Iris and Eveything, Everything. I really enjoyed both of those. Leah Raeder/Elliot Wake was an author I only discovered this year, but I have enjoyed all three of his books so far. A lot of the others are ones I still want to get to in 2016 myself.

    I hope you manage to get to some of these soon, and that you enjoy them :) Here's my TTT, if you want to check out my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to read all of Wake's other books - perhaps sometime this year..

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I would be interesting in seeing how you found Everything, Everything. While there were elements I enjoyed about the book, I also found the book unfortunately didn't live up to the hype for me.

    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier :)

    Obsessive Compulive Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind of what I'm scared of with Everything, Everything - the fact that there's so much hype about it. But hopefully I'll end up liking it!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete